Rockstar is on a roll. Kind of like Infinity Ward and Treyarch, Rockstar has managed to release an impressive roster of blockbuster games. While most of those games fall under the Grand Theft Auto umbrella, they have managed to drop surprises like Red Dead, Max Payne 3, and L.A. Noire as well.
Rockstar has been dropping open world epics for YEARS and they are gradually improving on their epics as they go along (due to the competition). Despite the hot coffee... um... I mean, hot water they've gotten themselves into for their mature content, they've managed to create amazing 'living' worlds for us to essentially tear apart! Yes, I'm stealing cars, running over pedestrians, doing side missions, and blowing up police cars like I was back in GTA III. Honestly, its been a while since I've had this much fun with a GTA game.
I will admit, though that I missed out on San Andreas and Vice City simply because they came across as ... well, a cheap re-skin of the GTA III game. I just didn't see enough innovation or difference between the three games aside from the music and the vehicles. As a result, I passed on GTA until IV dropped. Of course, once I got a whiff of those horrifically boring dates and taxi rides, I abandoned the series all together.
And then there was GTA V. Since IV, I experienced the beauty and online hilarity of Red Dead Redemption and the brilliant integration of their Social Club. I was re-introduced to the movie star styled fun of bullet time in Max Payne 3. As I played the multiplayer for each of those games, I recognized how they were slowly building towards their next epic. Just as I thought, slow motion events, random events, and more have all made their way into GTA V. I think what makes the experience is their integration of more than one character AND the skill progression of each character. They are actually giving you REASONS to waste your time playing tennis or sky-diving, or driving around town wrecklessly. It improves your character's ability to ... well, cause havoc!
Everytime I get a new game (this time it's GTA V), I instantly think of how that game could be reskinned to help improve another game franchise. So when I saw the character 'powers' and the attributes between the three thieves, I instantly though there HAS to be a way to create a superhero game with this whole game structure. Imagine if there was an OPEN WORLD Avengers video game done in this style! Even better, what if there was an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. game build on this engine!! OMG, I would probably lose my mind.
Take a trip with me if you will. Think of the ability to create 3-4 agents that you can customize and specialize in whatever. Give them access to Forge or someone who can create mad gadgets for them and send them on randomized and storyline structured missions where they encounter heroes and villains of all types. Let the exploration aspect of the game give them opportunities to discover generic and known mutants where they make decisions on who to work with and against in some new city threatening storyline. Hide equipment blueprints all over the map and provide all kinds of vehicles to use in the process.
If you really want to be amibitious, *insert ambitious Marvel licensed developer here*, turn that idea into a new X-men game where you find and use different teams of X-men (a la a new X-Men Legends game).
To dreeeeeeeammmmm the impossible dreeeeeeammmm! lol Holla at me people. Let me know what you think!?



0 Yorumlar