Well, what a fun few days I’ve had! And I don’t mean mowing the lawn in my new hernia pants, either.
You may recall me mentioning having a good spell on evilBay recently. This was due to a tussle over my remaining Cold War kit, namely my BAOR collection. I had broken it down into several lots and the bids shot up to a level that blew my tiny brain; it was all very popular! The biggest buy went to a chap in New Zealand, a country to which I give an evilBay trust rating of A1. I had some pleasant communication with the buyer and sent them to the Global Shipping Centre in Lichfield Special Delivery. It took 7 days in total to be successfully delivered to the other side of the globe.
Or so I thought.
Imagine my surprise to find a ‘non delivery’ claim raised! All tracking said it had arrived, yet he was crying foul and as a consequence evilBay locked my payments. Not too much trouble as everything had already gone through, but certainly affects my current listings. Anyway, to cut a long story shorter, after some correspondence he told me despite the tracking there was no parcel and DHL had told him to go whistle and take it up with evilBay. So, despite it being nothing to do with me, I was caught in the crossfire while evilBay fought it out with DHL. Time for a music break: hit it, Brandon!
Now stop ogling Charlize Theron and read on...
After some detective work, my splendid buyer got hold of the apartment CCTV footage. It transpires the DHL driver just left my beautiful toys unattended in the lobby: an hour later, a woman walks in, grabs the parcel and runs off. So now DHL cough up responsible, fire the driver and it’s all in the hands of CSI Auckland. I spoke to a very nice lady at evilBay who apologised for all the trouble and my account will be open again within 72 hours. Total bummer for the man who got the parcel packed, wrapped and at the GSC within 24 hours! Perhaps in future an extra button so the complainant can point out where the fault lies? Although worse is that the buyer, clearly an honest chap, has lost out on some nice kit. And that kit will most likely be binned. Altogether heartbreaking for us both, even if we are not out of pocket when the smoke clears. Hopefully, Charlize Theron will catch up with the thief...
On a brighter note, I’ve done a super trade with Bob Kett which will see my desert armour and Bob’s S Range Prussians expand. I reckon we should start a swapmeet of some kind, although Bob suspects we will just keep passing our stuff on to each other until we get back what we originally swapped. I propose fogieBay as a name. Any takers?
Coming soon: guilty admissions, what I cocked up on the Boston, more shark-related aeroplanes and how I’m going to sneak Bob’s parcel past the Mem.

0 Yorumlar