In the words of novelist Roald Dahl, "we all have our moments of brilliance and glory, and this was mine." Definitely one of the tastiest things you can do with chickpeas, falafel is one of my favorite foods of all time. It's a traditional middle-eastern street food made from chickpeas and spices, deep fried and served with tzatziki sauce wrapped in pita bread. I know, right? But there is a certain amount of guilt that accompanies any dish that has been fried, so I decided to invest some time in perfecting a lighter falafel. I tried mixes, pan-searing, browning the patties in a skillet before finishing them the oven, even a version where I skipped cooked chickpeas and just soaked dry chickpeas in water and baking soda. At the end of the day, the easiest methods turned out the best quality product. Now that's my kind of cooking!
Read more »
0 Yorumlar