Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tuesday Muse - Blooming Lilacs


Joining in on Tuesday Muse this week with some photos of my mom's Lilac tree and bush. - I love how beautiful they are but oh that smell really messes with allergies.  Thank goodness I take medication as they can be intoxicating with their fragrant scent.

Click to enlarge:



What I like most about this shot is the "sun-flare" that I captured as well.  Can you see it?


Look at the size of these blooms.  This is not the common lilac you see most of the time.  This one is a French Hybrid called,  Agincourt Beauty.  It has the largest blooms of all the lilacs and is very fragrant.

Here is a close-up of one of the clusters of blooms.


A couple of years ago I read an add in a magazine about a lilac that bloomed in the spring and then again through part of the summer and into the fall.  I copied the information down and ordered her one from the White Flower Farm.  It's called a,
Bloomerang Lilac.  The first year it only had about 2-3 bloom clusters.  This year it's quite pretty with all the dainty little blooms.  They remind me of bursting fireworks.

This little cluster hadn't fully opened yet when I took this photo.

Same cluster just a couple of days later.  See how dainty the little blossoms are.

What's really fun is that this will bloom again in late summer and early fall. 
I had a little fun playing around with this shot.  I added a texture (Scratched Lens) from Pixel Dust Photo Art and Heart Bokeh and Frame on Pic Monkey.  Enjoy!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar