Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Best of a Rainy Week

There has been a lot of tragedy and sorrow in the world this week.  Bad stuff has been happening.  It's on week's like this, that it is sometimes most important to change our focus and see the small and simple things that have gone right.  So, again this Friday, I am joining with other blogging friends for Friday's Fave Five.  

First week of school - Monday, I began my 20th year as a teacher when students came back from summer break.  I started teaching in August 2001 - shortly before 9/11 happened. I will be honest, this first week with students back in school, had some stressful rough patches, which is all the more reason that I am grateful I made it through.  I am hoping that the more we settle into the new school year routine, the better things will go. 

New classroom - A positive thing about the start to the school year is my new classroom, which I really like.  Student chairs came last Sunday as promised, and by Thursday, all of the new technology was even working. 

Bathroom project nearing completion - the bathroom remodel project is nearing completion. We noticed a problem this afternoon that may delay final completion as some tiles may have to be replaced, but we are getting there. 

This is primarily my bathroom and it is small. In removing the old tile, we found out that this shower actually used to be a linen closet when our home was first built.

We are well pleased with the tile work. We have small rectangular tiles on the ceiling and the floor. 

The bathroom floor is tile that looks like wood. We really like all the tile we picked out, as well as the quality of the tile work.  It will be good to have this bathroom fully functional again.  

Rain - We got much needed HEAVY rain on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  This picture of the back patio was taken when it was really pouring.  Some areas  around here got up to four inches of rain in a day. We also got hail and a couple of ski resorts got snow!  Cedar Breaks, the wonderful national monument area where we went hiking earlier this month got seven inches of rain from Tuesday to Thursday. 


I do like having windows in my classroom so I can see what is going on outside.  I took a few minutes at lunch one day to watch it rain.  I actually have quite a nice mountain view from my classroom when the clouds and smoke aren't blocking it. 

All things red in the garden - various shades of red was the color of the week in the garden - beautiful flowers, strawberries, tomatoes and of course our delicious grapes.  

A postcard from a friend - I got the nicest surprise in the mail this week - this postcard from my good friend Faith, over at Gold in the Clouds.  The scene is of a beautiful lake in the Adirondack Mountains.  There was such a sweet note on back.  I am using the postcard as a bookmark, so I can think of my friend every time I open my book to read. I truly treasure relationships I have with blogging friends.  People who blog are some of the nicest people anywhere.  

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.  Have a good weekend and remember to be grateful for simple blessings. 

😊Deb💜

"A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles."





 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar