Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AlbumConfessions' 2nd Anniversary! Thank you!


     Yesterday, July 1st, marked the second anniversary of this little blog that could! I cannot believe that two years have already flown by, but more importantly, I cannot believe the fact I am still continuing the process of expanding this blog to be more than just a hobby. I started AlbumConfessions one day during a summer at home because I was bored out of my mind. I wrote a short review for Lady Gaga’s The Fame Monster and I have been hooked ever since. My upcoming review on Maroon 5’s Overexposed will be up for all to read tomorrow. I have reviewed albums released in 2007 through 2012 and I could not be happier with the work I have posted thus far.

     Last year, I set a goal to have 25,000 views before my second year was up and I crushed that goal. When everything was said and read, my view count stood at 36,600, I just can’t believe people actually click on my links to read what I have to say about music that I love or hate. This year, I expanded my writing abilities. I am now a writer/reporter for three publications: Orange Magazine and The Horn, two University of Texas at Austin publications, and Evoke Magazine, a lifestyle/entertainment magazine based out of Dallas, Texas. I developed a passion for conducting interviews with artists I think will make it big one day and I am happy to have interviewed a range of great and talented people. Adam Tyler is my new prince of pop, Ryder is the new dark princess of dance, SIRPAUL is the most independent artist you will find, BAKER is a suave, stylish force in pop, XELLE is the most unconventional girl group in history and Colton Ford is breaking down all walls in the pop genre. I had the chance to speak with all these great names and, believe me, you will see more of them in the future!



     This year I have also included little obsession posts featuring artists that I am lucky to have discovered this year. Some may not be entirely new, but they were new for me in 2011-2012. Blake McGrath is a sexy Canadian choreographer turned pop star, Neon Hitch is a dirty, gorgeous female pop artist, Eva Simons is my UK pop starlet, Aqua made a big comeback in my life and Havana Brown is just getting started with a club-ready anthem. All of these artists made a big impression on my music intake and I am glad I discovered them. Some were on accident, some because others were jumping on the band wagon. It makes me happy to see a beginning artist shine and I know all my obsessions will be a force in the recording industry. Cannot wait to see more for all of them.

     2011-2012 has been a great year for music. I have been able to review some highly-anticipated releases from Adam Lambert, Lana del Rey, Scissor Sisters, Carrie Underwood, Justin Bieber, Madonna and Nicki Minaj, just to name a few. All were not stellar releases, but there were some magical moments on the whole bunch. My blog is a way to relieve stress. I just pop in a new record and write my personal opinions and thoughts about them. I don’t write reviews to be liked or hated, but I do love hearing what people have to say. Whether the comments are good or bad, I just enjoy reading what other people think. Every comment just brings another smile to my face and another view to my blog so I say thank you and I hope you return for more. I never thought my blog would be another more than a way to pass time, but it has been noticed, it has gotten me a few writing gigs and I do plan on making it bigger and better. It is a part of my life now and I would not have it any other way.

     For the coming year, I do have some big things planned for my little child. I read a comment from someone who saw my review on Adam Lambert’s Trespassing. This person said that while my review was great, my blog’s design was the worst they had ever seen. A little harsh, but I am listening. My blog is a little tough on the eyes and that is because of my album cover background that I love so much. I just want everyone to know that I am working on a new design right now and the changes should be up very soon. I am also looking into talking to some people who are interested in working with me to get my blog off the ground, so expect bigger things from me. I want to do more interviews and I am hoping up and coming artists will give me the honor of reviewing their work. I want music journalism to be my future career, a job at Rolling Stone or Billboard is my ultimate goal. So… your opinions and support will only push me to work harder.

     I appreciate everyone who has come to read what I have to say. I appreciate everyone who has left a comment on a post. I appreciate everyone who has followed me on Twitter and I appreciate everyone who has liked my blog’s official Facebook page. I just want my connections to keep growing, my number of followers to keep growing, and I want my body of work to keep getting better and more professional. I am looking forward to big changes and a whole new year of music. Here’s hoping to another 25,000 views!



Love, Peace, Glitter & Grease…

Luis Gonzalez

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar