Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Shaggy says she declined to collaborate with Rihanna on the singer's new album

Shaggy didn't want to have to "test" the project.

We're still awaiting the arrival of Rihanna's new album, an album that seems to have been put on hold indefinitely at this time. While RihRih has built the Fenty empire in recent years, we still really want to hear from her. However, we do know a few things about the project, including the direction she took with the album. She is using a more dancehall / reggae sound for this record and enlisting some heavy hitmakers on the scene to help bring it to life.
One of the people supposedly summoned was the iconic Shaggy. In a recent interview, the international reggae star revealed that Rihanna's team sought him out for a collaboration on R9, as fans call the project, but he eventually declined. The reason? He didn't feel the need to audition to participate in the album.
“They approached me for Rihanna's project, yes. There are a lot of great people involved, but for me, I didn't need to audition to be on disk. I'll leave it to the younger guys, ”he said. "But from what I hear, it must be good."
Rihanna has already shared details with Vogue, explaining that the direction of reggae seems right. “It's in my blood. No matter how far away or how long I am away from this culture or my growing environment; I never really get out of there. It's always the same thing. Even though I explored other genres, at the time of the song, it was time to go back to something that I really didn't fully devote to full work, ”she said.
We hope Rihanna's new album comes soon, because we have already waited too long for the diva.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar